This sale isn’t really my cup of tea. Not even my glass of beer. But it IS a sale and that’s a good thing. This one is a man’s sale, or at least a woman with a lot more skills than I have. No great antiques or vintage clothes or costume jewelry (REAL jewelry would be better, but I usually don’t see much of it anyway) or interesting pottery or well, there’s not much here for me unless I want multiples of “As Seen On TV”-type items. I could get a TastiWave Deluxe Cooking Pan, I guess; it’s still in its box, as are the other seven identical ones. But I’m not much into cooking gadgets either. What this sale has in abundance are tools. All sorts of tools and other manly things such as:
- 1999 Chevy Silverado truck, V6, 4.3 liter engine, 110,800 miles. Runs great!
- Magnum by Graco airless spray painter
- Craftsman LT1000 rider lawn mower, barely used
- Large Craftsman tool chest full of tools
- Husqvarna chainsaw
- Power System Plus air compressor
- Olhausen billiard table in great shape. Smaller than regulation size.
- Cement mixer
- Refrigerator. Actually, three of them
- Frigidaire Freezer
- Desktop computer
- Many microwave ovens
- Patio furniture
- CalSpa hot tub, older, but works great
- Several TVs of varying sorts
- Two sheds full of tools & electrical stuff
- Several electrician’s ladders
- And more!
See what I mean? Man heaven. I mean, really! A riding lawn mower and a pool table? Three refrigerators and beaucoup microwaves? That’s like a cold beer and a Hot Pocket waiting for you in every room. And what well-stocked man house would be complete without a cement mixer? The sale is this weekend, but the men are all chomping at their bits, emailing and texting and calling. “How much you want for that paint sprayer?”, “You still got that edger? How much?”. It’s been going on since I placed the ad on Craigslist. It may not be the kind of sale that will get me excited, but I expect quite a line outside the chainlink fence come Friday morning. It will be mostly men, I think, but what do I know. Come to think of it, I have been eying that lawn mower. I don’t have much of a lawn, but maybe if I had that baby I’d feel the urge to grow a big one. And I’ll buy a six pack while I’m at it.